08 Nov Invisalign 101: What to Know Before Starting Clear Aligners
Invisalign is now a common treatment for straightening your smile. Gradually, clear aligners shift your teeth into their correct positions. The entire process happens without uncomfortable, clunky braces.
If you’re looking to improve your dental alignment and your confidence, then Invisalign may be right for you. But before starting Invisalign treatment in Mississauga, ON, it’s important to understand the basics about it.
In this article, we share what you need to know about Invisalign in Mississauga.
Basics About Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic molds that gradually shift your teeth alignment. As you progress through treatment, you move through a series of custom molds. Your teeth adjust to the current mold before you progress to the next.
Here are a few other things to note about Invisalign:
- The purpose of this treatment is to straighten teeth, resolve dental crowding, adjust your bite, and address space issues (like tooth gaps).
- Every Invisalign clear aligner tray is custom-made for your smile. You wear each aligner for roughly two weeks, and the entire process can take 12-18 months. Throughout the course of treatment, you visit the dentist every six to 10 weeks for check-ups.
- To ensure effective treatment, you must wear aligners for 22 hours a day. Take them out when eating, drinking, brushing, or flossing, but wear them at all other times.
- Cleaning your aligners is essential for keeping them clear and safe. Clean them each time you remove them.
- Removing your aligners for too long or not wearing each tray for enough time can disrupt your treatment. Make sure you are diligent!
The Best Invisalign Dentist in Mississauga, ON
Invisalign is a discreet way to straighten your teeth and improve your smile. But along with dedication, you need a knowledgeable dentist in Mississauga for effective treatment.
Schellenberg Dental is here to help with our Invisalign services in Mississauga, ON. We are happy to discuss more about how Invisalign works and if it’s a good option for you during your consultation.
Learn more about clear aligners and Invisalign today by scheduling your appointment with Schellenberg Dental!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.